Thursday 11 April 2013

Blu Ivory Bridal Katie's Blog :-)

Welcome to @bluivorybridal blog! We are very proud to announce our brand new store opened for business on Saturday March 30th 2013, how exciting!!!!!
 




My Name is Katie, and I'm going to be blogging about everything from bridal gowns to garters, wedding style ideas, as well as prom  and evening dresses and updates about the store!
Let me start by introducing myself......I am 28 years old, originally from the UK and recently moved to this great city of Toronto with my husband. I am passionate about all things weddingy and planned my own wedding from scratch! (pictures to follow) I'm very excited to be joining the team at Blu Ivory as one of their Bridal Stylists. I will be blogging regularly about all things mentioned above so please enjoy reading and don't hesitate to contact me for any questions or just to connect!

So here goes.....
 
 
A sneak peak into our brand new boutique...Hope you like it! I will be posting some of my favourite pieces each week!


Here at Blu Ivory Bridal, Toronto's newest Bridal and Boutique. Our aim is to provide our brides with their whole look for the 'big day'... so picking out their veil, hair piece and jewellery, as well as their dream wedding gown. That's what we hope will enable us stand out from the rest.
 
Now as promised, a few pics from my own wedding held in London, UK in September 2012 :-)
 
The ceremony was held at Hackney Town Hall in East London UK, near to where we lived
 
The wedding was just after the Olympics, so this pose is dedicated to Usain Bolt as we watched him win the 100m sprint live at the stadium :-) !!!!


 A very British 'Tuk Tuk' which we travelled in to the park

Me and my hubby

My Mum and aunt made all the bunting hanging from the ceiling
 

My aunts putting the flowers into all different sized bottles which we had collected throughout the year!
 
 It was a bit of vintage, mixed with a very British carnival theme reflecting my husband and I perfectly! Our friends and family all came to help decorate the venue the day before! Our reception was at a converted warehouse where we had a delicious hog roast by a local company! My friend perfromed a fire act outside in the evening and then we all had a dance to a rock 'n' roll band...So much fun was had!!!


As you can see I'm a sucker for vintage things! So I thought I'd show you one of our classic lace gowns with a real vintage feel by paraezo.com I personally love the brown sash with feathered flower which really accents the waist line :-) The layered skirt has been created with net and lace and really contrasts the slim-line bodice, giving an amazing look

 
This would look great with a birdcage veil and a lace vintage parasol don't you think?!


 

We're not all getting married though, so as it's prom season, here are a couple of my favourite dresses currently in store by designer Jovani....

This elegant salmon colored gown is perfect for Spring/Summer with a beautiful floaty skirt, great for dancing the night away!

Or if you're feeling more subtle and want a fitted, sophisticated look, how about this stunning black velvet number with a body-con style......


 
Looks fabulous with the hair down and natural. This will really accent those female curves don't you think?!
 

 www.facebook.com/bluivorybridal 

 twitter @bluivorybridal

 
Remember to like our Facebook page and follow us on twitter for up to date news and info about Blu Ivory!
 
Be back soon
K ;-)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment